this picture was obtained from the wikipedia link for
- He was born April 19, 1903
- He was the youngest of four children
- Graduated from University of Chicago in 1925
- Joined the Treasury department in 1927 and was soon assigned to the
- On September 28, 1929 Eliot Ness was chosen to be the head of the
justice departments taskforce on crime in Chicago.
- Ness founded a training school in 1936 that wound being the Cleveland
- He was the drunk driver in a hit-and-run accident in1942.
- From 1944 to 1947 according to some sources he was the Chairman at Diebold in
Canton, Ohio a safe making company then and an ATM maker now(2008).
- Was Safety Director in Cleveland for 6 and 1/2 years
- He went to Pullman Elementary School in Chicago and graduated from
Fenger High School in the top third
- While in Chicago and also in Cleveland, Eliot Ness enjoyed a cozy
relationship with the press.
- Was awarded the Veterans of Foreign Wars Medal as outstanding citizen of
- He lived in Washington, D.C. for a time as the National Director of the
Federal Social Protection Program.
- Died on May 16,1957
Crimeposiums Eliot Ness Pages: F.A.Q.s
Crimeposium Links: Cleveland Crime Chronology
Our other websites: AllCleveland